- The Scalable Universe
- Energy #19 – Regulatory Capture
- Small Business Tax Avoidance Proposals
- Lives #12: A Star
- Who Knew Freedom of Speech Would be So Complicated?
- Energy #18 – How Bad is the OEB, Anyway?
- The “Lives” Series – Every Person is Interesting
- Energy #17 – Death Spiral
- Trump Redux: Us Against the Swamp
Author Archives: Jay Shepherd
This article was originally supposed to be about the Fair Hydro plan, and in particular the regulatory failures that led to the political need for it. As so often happens, events overtook my plan. While I was looking at the … Continue reading
[This is my analysis of current government proposals to change the private corporation tax rules, limiting certain tax planning schemes. It has also been filed as a submission to the Minister of Finance.] Background and Summary I own a small … Continue reading
[This is the twelfth in a series of stories about interesting people I’ve known, called “Lives”. I don’t know whether you would call it non-fiction, or fiction. I’ve changed the names, and some of the details, so that the individuals … Continue reading
This article originally started with the sentence “I can’t remember the last time I agreed with Jeffrey Lord.” That may no longer be true. It’s true that his conservative views are about as far away from my more liberal approach … Continue reading