- Energy #21 – Guelph Hydro: Fifteen Claims
- Lives #4 Update – Susan Grows Up
- Energy #20 – An Open Letter to Guelph Hydro Customers
- The Scalable Universe
- Energy #19 – Regulatory Capture
- Small Business Tax Avoidance Proposals
- Lives #12: A Star
- Who Knew Freedom of Speech Would be So Complicated?
- Energy #18 – How Bad is the OEB, Anyway?
Author Archives: Jay Shepherd
Since my article on November 5th analysing aspects of the Guelph Hydro Alectra merger, a number of readers in Guelph have asked me to look at the transaction further, particularly in light of the lengthy report tabled December 1st to … Continue reading
[This is a follow-up to the fourth in my “Lives” series, “Anne’s Secret”, published three years ago. As with all of this series, the basic story is true. I’ve changed the names, and some of the details, so that the … Continue reading
Alectra Utilities and Guelph Hydro are discussing a merger, the headlines say. Already there is a flurry of information available to local Guelph residents about those discussions, and the many benefits of joining the Alectra fold. For the most part, … Continue reading
This article was originally supposed to be about the Fair Hydro plan, and in particular the regulatory failures that led to the political need for it. As so often happens, events overtook my plan. While I was looking at the … Continue reading